Thursday, November 3, 2011

Some Pastoral Thoughts...

"God takes the ugly and creates something beautiful." I often think of this as I look into my own life. There is a brokenness in my life, something that will never be fully repaired. God doesn't fix our brokenness -as sinners, we will always be incomplete. And as a sinner, I will always have to live with the things that are broken in my life and the feelings that come from it. But He does bring healing and restoration to our lives. And it is through the healing that He is able to create something new, something so wonderful. As I look at my children, I see that they are what God has created out of my own brokenness - and I fully realize the truth in the verse, "beauty for ashes." I don't deserve healing or restoration, but through my children, God has done this in my own life. And as we approach Thanksgiving, this is one of the things that I am most thankful for.

How has God turned something that was "ashes" into "beauty" in your life? Be sure to thank Him for this today!

To console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified. Isaiah 61:3